Saturday, May 14, 2005

Acronym I'm glad I don't have.

I was listening to a segment on NPR about obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as I was driving home from work. The story was being told by a teenager who had grown up with it. The kid felt a compulsion to make things even or symmetrical. If he touched something with his right hand he would also have to touch it with his left hand. This kind of compulsion permeated every aspect of his life. Here's where the weird gets freaky. The kid would make his sentences symmetrical as well by repeating them backwards. I'm thinking what kind of Bobby Fisher like freak can do this? But he demonstrated it without any hesitation and it made my hair stand on end. It was like the Beatles' White album where you play it backwards and hear," Paul is dead, miss him, miss him". I wish I had the audio to share with you because ynnuf dednuos ti. seitrap ta nuf era sredco teb I.


P.S. Paul was the Walrus

1 comment:

Eric said...

I would worry if I thought you found occassion to use "What's next for me? Men's highheels"?