Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter with my Peeps

Easter will begin officially in about 10 minutes. I await it like I await the Hale-Bopp comet. Easter is my least favorite Judeo-Christian holiday and it consistently falls on my least favorite day of the week………Sunday. I have put my faith in an email I sent to the U.S. Postal Service in hopes that they would just change the date of this holiday to a more doable Monday or Tuesday. They are the guardians of all things "holiday", right? If Easter was a stamp, it would change twice a year! The Postal folks could change it if they wanted to.

I’m not a big fan of Peeps either, those gelatinous renditions of bunny rabbits, birds, and other barnyard domesticates that are made from puffed sugar. They tend to lodge in my windpipe. Candy companies usually bring them back around this time. I find them dangerous. I found myself, on several occasions, with one stuck flat down on my esophagus. Fortunately for me the dissolve rate is pretty quick. They are all sugar, you know, plus the foam that was building up in my lungs helped dissolve it to. I am alive today!!!!

It’s late now and I have a busy day planned: church, eating dinner with the folks and esophagus massages to work loose those Peeps. So, here’s to blue lips, collapsed lungs, and a slow brain death. Happy Easter!

No comments: