Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why I'm a Christian as requested by Chris

I was baptized at 12 thinking I had a ticket into heaven but it wasn't until my late twenties that I grasped the concept of repentance and Faith. That's what I really needed. My baptism was about as meaningful as a bubble bath without it. I'm a Christian b/c I realized that despite my deserving Hell, I'm going to Heaven because by creator paid for my crimes past/present/future with the blood of his son. It wasn't until I looked at the 10 commandments against the life I was living that I realized how sinful I really was. I've told lies, so I'm a liar. I've stolen, not much, just little things; paper clips from work, someone's idea, no matter how small, right? I'm a thief. I fell short in each of the ten. I do deserve Hell! Yet, Jesus took my punishment on himself. I'm not a good person but I've been forgiven and that's why I'm a Christian and why I struggle everyday to do His will.

No comments: